Choosing a contractor:
- History – Look into the last few years of the yellow pages, just to see which companies have been around. There is tremendous turnover in this business. Ask for recent references and actually call them. Ask your local roofing material supplier. Arrowsmith roofing has been servicing central Vancouver Island for 12 years.
- Instant quotes – Did they ask questions about what you want? Or did they try and sell you what they had. A proper quote requires a site visit. Arrowsmith Roofing will visit and measure every job and give you a full written quote.
- Compare – Get about 2 or 3 written quotes. The better the checklist you have, the better chance of getting comparable quotes. Arrowsmith Roofing encourages you to get other equivalent quotes. Make sure that both quotes offer equivalent services.
- Price – The lowest price is often the worst reason to choose a roofing contractor. A roofer that is way low may have left something out that is critical to the warranty or the life of the roof. Our prices are competitive as proven by our 12 year track record.
- Protect your landscaping – Arrowsmith Roofing takes precautions to protect your shrubs and flowerbeds, as well as clean your gutters and pick up nails on your lawn and driveway. We take pride in taking a great deal of care of your property.
- Insurance– Does the roofing contractor carry liability insurance or do they rely on your insurance? Arrowsmith Roofing is fully insured up to 2 million dollars.
- Workers Compensation – When you hire a contractor, you are responsible for medical costs if the contractor has not paid their workers compensation account. You can call WCB and check that your roofer is covered. Arrowsmith Roofing is fully covered by the BC WCB and can present written confirmation upon request.
- Financial Capabilities – Your roof can be liened by the roofing supplier if the contractor has not paid their bills. Arrowsmith Roofing is a very well established and financially secure company.